For weight loss and muscle growth, the rule of thumb is to eat 1-1.2 grams of protein per lb that you weigh.
- Eggs – Each egg has 6 grams of protein
- Almonds – 6 grams per ounce
- Chicken – 53 grams per breast
- Cottage Cheese – 27 grams per cup
- Lean Beef – 22 grams per 3 oz
- Tuna – 39 grams per can
- Quinoa – 8 grams per cup
- Whey Protein – 20-25 grams per scoop
- Shrimp – 18 grams per 3 oz
- Peanuts – 7 grams per oz
Try really upping your protein and lowering carbs and fat and watch the fat drop off. If you’re working out, the only way to build muscle is to start upping your protein too. Get ripped!